- Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I become a Bail Enforcement Agent?
- Find a mentor and READ
all you can about the various aspects of Bail Law.
- What are the various skills one must learn to be
- Skip Tracing, Surveillance, Negotiating, Interviewing
and Deception Detection, Apprehension Techniques, Marketing,
Networking, Pretexting, and Research skills will all play a very
important role in your success in Fugitive Recovery.
- Why don’t professionals like the term “Bounty
- Bounty Hunting refers back to the days when rewards
were offered for the capture or killing of any articulated person.
You should notice that in today’s climate while rewards may
be offered, it is only for information leading to the capture
of a fugitive. Since
professionals in our industry typically only work to secure the
apprehension of a bail bond-secured defendant we are solely
enforcing a bail contract on behalf of a surety on a bail bond.
We work for professional fees, not bounties. In our
industry, Bounty Hunter is increasingly being used in a derogatory manner.
- How much can a Bail Bond Investigator get paid?
- We normally work on a contingency fee basis, which
means that if we cannot complete the job we are hired to do then we
do not get paid. Successful
bail investigators may make more than $100,000 per year while many
part timers may even make $25,000 or more just working some nights
- Is apprehending fugitives dangerous?
- Yes, it can be. No
manner of training or assistance can guarantee your safety while
taking a defendant into custody even for the most minor criminal
- What laws affect Bail Enforcement?
- Federal and State laws are being enacted every year
across the country. The
only way to answer this question in a relevant manner is to do some
of your own research. I
personally recommend you start by determining whether licensing is
required in the state in which you live or want to work.
- You mean that there might be licensing
- Yes, and in some instances you can be charged with a
felony for working without a license.
Texas is one example of many.
- How do I get my first client or assignment?
- Marketing. I
give many different examples of the actual marketing materials and
sales letters I use in my online course Apprehending
Bail Fugitives. I
am confident that it will answer almost every other question you may
have. If it doesn’t,
I’m only a phone call away!
luck in your search, stay safe, and have a great pursuit today!